Sunday, February 10, 2013

February 4, 2013

Well well well, what a roller coaster of a week it has been. I have so much to talk about and I hope I can get everything in. Thank you for all the letters and emails and pictures of everything. I truly look forward to Mondays to hear from you and see how you are all doing! Lets start off by saying, being a missionary is one of them most rewarding things I could ever do in my life. The miracles I have seen this past week I know have been because of my faith in Jesus Christ. This week was probably one of the hardest weeks on my mission so far. Finding out all that happened with Grandpa and then thinking about Kimber and Samuels wedding and everything was a lot. But I'm doing great. The peace that I felt this week and the miracles I have seen have been incredible. I'm glad to see the funeral and everything went great. And Kimber and Samuel's wedding. I'm excited to recieve all of the stuff that you mentioned mom and I want to also see pictures of the wedding when you get them. But that's a given. I recieved a priesthood blessing on Monday night and the whole entire time I just felt peace. I know that Grandpa is with our Heavnly Father and he truly is smiling down on us. It's such a blessing to know the Plan of salvation and strengthen my testimony on it. I certainly have this past week. I love it! I want to hear all about the wedding when Kimber gets back. And I might add, congrats to Liz! I'm so excited for you. :)

This week we went to a lot of members houses for dinner and got to know them better. I love going to the members homes and feeling the spirit there. It truly is remarkable. And might I add eating the food they prepare. I'm so grateful for the ward members. We taught quite a few lessons this week, and I know it's because our Heavenly Father is looking out for me. He knows me personally and cares for me. :) It was quite funny, as you all know I don't really like fish....but we were going to a members house on Saturday night and Sister Morrison and I were joking about how we don't like fish and sure enough, we walked into the house and what did I smell??? You know it! haha we both laughed inside. The good thing was it was salmon, the type of fish I can kinda gag down. We didn't make it known that we didn't like fish and the lady had a piece of chicken she warmed up for Sis. Mo. I ate the salmon first so I could get rid of the taste. That was my funny moment of the week. Talking about how we don't like fish right beefore going into a dinner appointment and then of course eating fish. I love it!

We also went to the urgent care for S. Mo this week. She has really bad ashtma and luckily got there in time to have her get some breathing treatments for her lungs. She's feeling better now and not coughing so much. Which is fantastic for me! :)

As I've continued working with some of the ward members I can truly see them strengthening their faith in Christ. I know I've talked about the Perez family these past weeks and it's so awesome to see them coming closer together. Sister Perez has been asking us what she can do now to help prepare her girls for missions. I love seeing her do those things that will bring her closer to Christ. She mentioned to us this week and said "If you guys don't baptize anyone on you mission, that's fine with me, because you have brought our family closer together. You've gotten my husband to come to church more times than since he was recently baptized." That melted my heart. I'm really making a difference in these peoples lives. And my live as well. My testimony of the gospel and the plan of salvation and the restoration have been strengthened so much and I know I wouldn't be where I am today without my mission. It's changed me and it's changing those around me. I LOVE IT!

Another amazing miracle that happened this week was CARY FINALLY CAME TO CHURCH!!!! She has a really bad back and I don't know exactly what is wrong but she was at church. The only thing that makes me sad about it, is she really did it just to please us. But I don't want her to do it just for us. I want her to do it for her. Because it truly is going to bring her closer to Christ and her Heavenly Father. We are still working with her but have to help her desire it for herself and not for us. We visited Cynthia yesterday as well and came to the conclusion that she isn't ready to be baptized. She's having a tough time right now with work and school and her daughter and we're here for her but she's not ready to make the commitment to be baptized. It's sad but true. the people here are amazing. I love New Jersey so much.

As I have read this week in the Book of Mormon my love and testimony of it just grows so much more. I love reading about all the wars and the Nephites and Lamanites. Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. He truly translated the Book of Mormon for us today. I'm so grateful for the Book of Mormon and the feeling I get when I read it. I don't want to put it down. I know this church is true. I know the Plan of Salvation is real. I know Grandpa is reunited with his family again and he's going to be watching out for us. It's sad to see him go, but with what we know, it's amazing. God loves each and every one of us so much. He wants all of his children to return and live with him. Continue to share the gospel with those around you. They are looking for the truth "but they know not where to find it." I love you all so much. I hope everyone's week goes so great this week. I love the Lord with all my heart and will continue to serve with all my heart, might, mind and strength. Many prayers are going out to you! Thanks for the support you give me. Smile, people are always watching!

Love you!


Love,

Sister Christine Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment