Sunday, May 5, 2013

Another Transfer

Well, don't be sending any more mail to my address here up in New York, because I'm leaving again tomorrow! I can't believe it....things are getting crazy but it's so exciting. I'll tell you more about it later but I'm going to a completely new area and training two girls....so I better get some extra prayers this week haha. Anyway, The Church is so true. I love being a member of Christ's church...I had a fabulous week and am going to tell you all about it!
Last Monday it was Sister Ward and I's first relaxing P-day where we didn't have anything planned and it was fabulous. We were able to write letters and get some things done. I did recieve a few pieces of mail from some people but I'm not going to open them up until my birthday. We had the Elders come over and we just chatted with them. There are some awesome Elders up here, Elder Cuevas, Giglio and Benson are so great! I'm going to miss serving up here with them. We went out after P-day ended and taught a couple people we weren't planning on so it was pretty sweet! 
Tuesday I turned into a Hermana por la dia y noche. I went on an exchange with the Paterson Sisters and went to speak-a da spanish in Paterson. I didn't speak much but it was a lot better than last time I went there. I was able to understand more what the spanish members were saying so that was a plus. I was able to bear my testimony in English so that was cool. District Meeting was a sad one...it was our last one as that district and I really became so close with the missionaries in the district. Elder Benson was such a great district leader. The exchange was great. It's weird, because I get so comfortable in my apartment and then when I go to another area its such a change. But if there's one thing I learned out here, is change is good and needs to happen sometimes. :)
Wednesday was great. We exchanged back and went and visited with Anne. I'm going to miss her so much too. She's incredible and so funny. We had correlation with our Ward Mission Leader and then went to the library to find out that we now have two hours for emails every p-day! holla! I was so stoked. We went to go try and find people but not much success so we went to the church to play basketball for mutual. It was a lot of fun, the boys here are pretty cool! Like you'll probably hear many times. I'm going to miss the people here. I've grown close to a few of them... :/ 
Thursday was another AMAZING day. We taught quite a few people. I have a testimony that God puts people in our path for a reason. It's so apparent when you're out on your mission. We went and taught our new investigator Leydi, she's going to be baptized. She's so incredible. I'm really really going to miss her so much. I felt like I needed to meet her and so I'm so happy we did. She gets it and says everything makes sense. It was kinda tough to say goodbye to her..We then went to a less active ladies house and was able to really help her understand that things happen for a reason. We were able to watch the Will of God Mormon Message with her and after it was over. She was like "wow"...the spirit in the lesson was so strong and it was really cool to let the spirit guide the lesson and what Sister Ward and I needed to say. I'm so grateful for the spirit in lessons. Next we went and tried to do some planning and then went to another appointment with an investigator. As we were walking to her house we met a man named Mike that is going through a lot of tough trials. We shared the Book of Mormon with him and was able to bear our testimonies that we know the Church is true and it will help him through all his problems. I'm so blessed for where I grew up and all the blessings I was given. It's incredible. We had a great lesson with our invesitgator and it was a kinda do or die appointment. She prayed with us right then and there and it was such a sincere prayer. She neeeds to find out for herself if this is the path God wants her on. We went to another less actives house and tried to see what we could do to get it back to church. Thursday night we went back to Mike and Carol's house and had dinner with them again. (The couple from the plane). I wish I could stay here longer to truly help them but God needs me somewhere else. But I know that I did my job with them, I've exposed them to the gospel and now they know. They truly are such an amazing couple and I will miss them dearly. We got home and thought calls to be trainers was going to be that night but found out President was calling on Friday instead. So the anticipation had to wait another day. I honestly didn't think I was going to be called to train again.
Friday was awesome. We went to a less-actives home and read with him and his wife. It was really cool to see how interested the wife was in the Book of Mormon. That's all that we did with them was read with them. That's powerful when we do that. I love it. We went to Tivynna's and boy is that girl awesome! She was so prepared to be baptized and is going to be a wonderful member. I had her sign a t-shirt I bought from the play she was in so I could always remember. We got home and got a call from President that I'll be doubled-in and training two new missionaries. I had a slight freak out session. But then President had me hand the phone to Sister Ward to inform her that she too will be training a new missionary. It's really cool to see that, after she's been here for 11 short weeks she will impact another sisters life! I love it. I'm truly going to miss serving with Sister Ward but she's going to do amazing things. Plus, it's such a bonus that we're from the same home town...Best friends!!! :) 

So Saturday we had a training meeting and it was really good. There's a whole lot of missionaries training and it's so exciting. We're getting 30 new missionaries in today and God is hastening his work! There's a couple other sisters who are double training as well. We had lunch and then headed back to our area. We went over to Anne's to kinda say good-bye as well as another member. It's so crazy to leave here. I just got here! hahaha 

Sunday was good. I want to give a shout out to Melissa. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We're the same age!!!! :)+ I love going to church to be able to partake of the sacrament and renew my covenants I made with our Heavenly Father. It's been such a blessing to me out here to see the change in my attitude during the sacrament. It is sacred. We had to sit in with the young woman because they didn't have a teacher and we watched the Joseph Smith movie...boy did that movie hit me like a ton of bricks. Tears came to my eyes as we watched the end of the video with Joseph in Carthage Jail. I know Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and he restored Christ's church back onto the earth today. Boy am I grateful for him. We had dinner and FHE with a member family and it was so cool to see the little kids interact and learn about the holy Ghost. We then went and said goodbye to another family. I've been trying to pack and just like I did when I left on my mission...i tend to put it off until the night before. I don't like packing up my things and leaving...but it has to be done.
Today has been great. We're going to the fear buster once again. 6 out of 6 for me. It's going to be memorable that's for sure. Having 60 young missionaries sing called to serve in downtown Newark is truly a sight to see. I can't wait! We also went and said good-bye to Leydi and it was really hard. She's impacted my life and we've only met like 3 times. It's powerful when the right people come into your life. I love it. I love this work. I love this gospel. It is the ONLY way to make it back to live with our Father in Heaven. 
I love missionary work. I got a letter from Sister Thompson in Seattle and asked how I'm always so positive and excited about this work. I just love it. I love being an example every where I go. People notice us as children of god. Sister Ward and I were walking down the street and stopped to talk to a young woman. Before we left she said "I saw both of you walking down the street and knew you were woman of God" That's so cool to know every where we go we're noticed. I'm about to finish the Book of Mormon again tomorrow and I can testify I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know it helps us in our life. I love reading it and sometimes I don't want to put it down. I love all of you and again am so grateful for your support!
I'll have to get you my new address next week so for now just send things (if any) to the mission office. Transfers are tomorrow, things are happening. i'll let you know next week where I'm at! Love you all. Pray for all of you! God bless you this week.
Love,
Sister Christine Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment