Sunday, July 28, 2013

I love being a missionary.

Well, I guess I should start off by saying. I love being a missionary. These past two weeks with Sister Waddoups have been incredible. Something clicked with her and I and we went to work. Our teaching was great. So simple and understandable and our unity has been on point. And let me just say, Sister Waddoups (Swads, I now call her) is so funny and incredible. We have been laughing so much these past two weeks. And I'm happy to say I'm out of my rut! Woo hoo! But seriously Swads is great! Unfortunately, we received the transfer text last night and I am being transferred. I'm so excited to go somewhere new because I feel like I've done my job here but Swads and I have gained such a great relationship. I'll truly miss serving with her. But God has a plan and everything is going to be great!

We had a MAJOR laugh attack, the hardest I've ever laughed in my life by far, last night at like midnight :/ I couldn't really sleep after I got the text and we were just CRACKING up! I loved it so much.

First off, like I said I'm being transferred, there's a couple of new areas opening up for sisters tomorrow (Freehold and Wrightstown and I have a feeling I'll be doubled in to one of those but we'll see tomorrow) I love change. So I'll let you know where I go next week! Also, Liz Dicou is going to be here today and I'm going to see her and I CAN'T WAIT! So stoked!

 

But now to the week.

Like I said it was a great week. We taught 16 lessons which was great for us. We taught 5 great lessons on Saturday and met a new LA. Man, I'm getting ahead of myself. Lets rewind. Monday was another relaxing p-day where we stayed at home and I had CCC. (Christine's Craft Corner) I was making bracelets, shirts and doing all sorts of crafts. I love crafts! That's why pinterest would be BAD for me. We did a lot of service this week too. I love doing service. It truly gets us into people's doors sometimes.

We had another great district meeting. This week Swads and I were trying to focus on the Elders area that they are going to get. So we worked a lot in Manahawkin and Little Egg Harbor and tried to find people for the Elders. Not much luck but it's okay I really think they'll get here and start running. We really took the time to get everything organized for them. I'm excited to get Elders down here!

Wednesday we rode our bikes all day and clocked 18.5 miles on the bike. Didn't realize it was going to be that long but it was worth it. A nice workout. And luckily we were doing more service so we were able to be in street clothes. And I'm grateful for that because we got home that night just about drenched in sweat. It was a good day. We taught our investigator, Lisa, the plan of salvation and she understood it. She accepted a soft baptismal invite. She truly is incredible. Unfortunately one of her cats died and she's been mourning over the loss but hopefully Swads and her new comp will get over there and help her even more.

Thursday we did transfer planning for most of the day because we were splitting the area. Actually Friday too. But we were able to go over to a members home and begin to teach her boyfriend. It reminds me a little bit about Barrett. But it's so cool to see this young man want to learn more about the gospel and come closer to Jesus Christ. It's great. We taught him the Restoration and then the Plan of Salvation on Saturday. More about that in a sec. Friday was actually my 10 month mark! Ahhhhh, like you said mom time is flying by. Out of my three areas I've been in I've only stayed in Mo-town for three. God knows now I can't stay in one place for too long haha. Swads and I celebrated with Fro-yo and Pizza because she hit her 3 month mark a couple days before me.

Saturday was amazing! We had to plan for our Relief Society lesson but then we went out and got to work. We taught pure doctrine of Jesus Christ. And boy it was incredible. We met a less active originally from Layton. He's in the Elders area and will hopefully begin to help him come back. We also taught Brent again like I mentioned and boy did that lesson go great! We taught the Plan of Salvation and he played football in High School (He's 18) so we related it to football and woooooo he understood it. He accepted a soft baptismal invite and I'm so excited to see his progression. I love it!

Church was kinda bitter sweet. Every time I would pray I would feel like my work was done and so I had a feeling I was leaving but it was a weird feeling. I have come to love Barnegat. I never thought I'd say that. But I have. I'm so grateful for the things I've learned here and am so excited to take them into my next area. We taught Relief Society and it was a great lesson. We had correlation with our Branch Mission Leader, Brother Roberson, and he made me tear up expressing his gratitude for me. He was crying and I had tears in my eyes. It's nice to hear how thankful they are for us because sometimes I think as missionaries we are blinded by that. We had a great night and waited anxiously for the text. When I got it. I felt peace. I've done my work here and now it's Swads turn to tear it completely up down here which I know she can do.

 

I love this gospel. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I know he lives. I know he loves us and he performed the Atonement for each one of us. I love the Book of Mormon and love reading it. I hope you all have a fantastic week this week. You are all amazing! And next week, I'll be in a completely new place! Missions are exciting! I love you!

 

Love,

Sister Christine Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment