Sunday, August 4, 2013

Scotch Pains, NJ 92 A 2nd Ave, Garwood NJ 07027

Holy yes! I love my mission! I'm serving in such a great new area! I'll tell you all about it really shortly. Just know that I'm doing great and loving my new companion already!

 

So last Monday we headed up to spend time with our district for the last time. I was finally able to shoot a basketball again! But I was in a skirt so I didn't get to go all out..but we played pig and that was fun. We went and said goodbye to a few peeps I wanted to which was awesome. I'm going to miss them but I'm so happy I'm here. We headed home and I was low-key stressin about packing but it wasn't a problem. It was all good. Unfortunately, because Barnegat is so far south, Liz wasn't able to come down but that's okay. Our day was busy!

 

Tuesday was transfers! And boy was it crazy. We had about 22 missionaries come out. Most of which were Elders. We had the first companionship of 18 year old Elders, that was cool! Transfers begun. Sister Waddoups got her new companion, Sister Dotson and was so happy. Then they continued and I waited anxiously for where I was going. President called my name and I've been doubled in, yet again (everytime I've been transferred, no complaints though), to Scotch Plains 2 North, with my new companion Sister Maclay from Gilbert Arizona! And boy do I LOVE HER SO MUCH ALREADY! She's hilarious and a lot like me and I'm so stoked to be companions with her here in Scotch Plains. Our new address is 92 A 2nd Ave, Garwood NJ 07027. So feel free to start sending letters my way! ;) But for real. I'm so happy to be here. I'm so happy to be here with Sister Maclay. She just got out of training and so it's all straight up missionary work now. Totes excited. We got our car, 2013 Subaru Legacy and drove to our area to find the Elders didn't do the best job of cleaning it. They left the trash, socks and other items of clothing in the drawers and it was just a mess. :/ So Thursday we took time to deep clean the apartment. Definitely needed to be done and now it looks like a nice Sisters apartment. Too bad the door frames are a little different so I can't put my pull up bar to do my pull ups :(

 

The rest of the week consisted of getting to know the area and going to meet some of the less actives and ward members the Elders set up for us. There are some really amazing people in this area and I'm so excited to work with them and help them strengthen their faith in Jesus Christ. It's going to be amazing here I know and feel it! The ward was so excited to get Sisters again. They've been begging for sisters and so here we are! Ready to work and strengthen the ward. And ITS A WARD. :) I'm just really happy to be here. We met some great families. On Thursday we went to a members home...she said she is from Colombia and moved out to Utah about 7 years ago. I asked her where and she said "Kaysville" Boom. Connection. She lived on Mutton Hollow and it was cool to talk about home for a little.

 

We went to Liberty Island on Friday to volunteer. Man what an experience that is. To be able to be on the same Island where the Statue of Liberty is is so incredible. We met a lot of people from around the world. Nepal, India, China, Japan, Italy, France, Haiti, Dominican Republic and so many others. We're going in a week in a half again to volunteer. So excited to go again! I love that!

 

Like I said, church was amazing. A lot of the members were so excited to see sisters and I know Sister Maclay and I are going to kill it here. Sisters were coming up wanting us to call them for Team ups and wanting us to come over. That's the best! After church we went to an investigators house and he's had a couple of baptismal dates and we set him with another date. August 25th. Hopefully everything will work out and he'll be baptized on that day. We headed to the bishops home for dinner and man what a great family they have! They are from the Dominican Republic and so awesome. They have two beautiful young women and just a fun family.

When I was up in New City I also met a member that used to live up there but moved to Jersey. I saw him at church and he remembered me and I remembered him. It's just fun to see familiar faces around.

 

I truly am so happy to be here in Scotch Plains. I've been in the most Northern part to the most Southern part of the mission and now I'm right in between. Sister Maclay and I already get along great and we're teaching well off of one another. It's weird not to be training but it just gives us more time to work and find people who are ready and prepared to hear the gospel. Our first day here we went to Shoprite to get some water and we were walking out and a man stopped us and asked "are you Mormon?" We said yes we are! We talked and got his phone number and hopefully we'll be able to start teaching and finding more people like him. We contacted a little 8 year old too that was really interested, not so much her dad but she was. We'll see what happens.

 

I love this gospel with all my heart. I know I'm supposed to be here. I know that God is aware of every single one of us and he loves us so much. He puts people into our life that'll bless us so much. We need not take anytime for granted we have for the people really close to us. I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon, for Joseph Smith and for the Restoration of the Gospel. It's incredible. And makes so much sense. I love you all so much! And yes mom, I did get the package. Thank you so much. I think you probs think I've gained more weight on my mission. They're a little too big so I'll have to exchange them but thank you so much! Hope you all have a fantastic week and I'll talk to you soon!

 

Love,

Sister Taylor

 

No comments:

Post a Comment