Monday, January 7, 2013

What a full Week 1/07/2013

It was a crazy week. Transfers! New Year's Eve we went and did another fear buster. It was my third one in three transfers, get that! Haha, I love doing the fear busters now. It was definitely scary the first time but I'm getting used to talking to everybody about the gospel. Because it truly changes lives. After that we rushed every where. Sister Galuvao was gettting transferred so we were saying good-bye to some people. We went and ate dinner (Navajo tacos! Felt like home) at the Gurney's home. They are such an amazing family. I can't wait to bring the family out here to meet everyone. They were the members that I skyped at. Then we went to Cynthia's house and Bonny's and let Sister Galuvao say goodbye. I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to say goodbye to the people I've met here. Tomorrow is my three month mark here in NJ (feels like a lot longer) but I wouldn't trade it for anything. It's such an incredible work I GET to do everyday I wake up. So New Year's Eve we did go to bed a little later :/ We got sparkling cider and popped open it up and drank it. We celebrated a little earlier. S. Mo and G went to bed early but I said my prayers and as I was saying my prayers I heard firework, so I was praying into the new year...not many people can say that. I thought it was pretty sweet! The next day was crazy! Transfers, trying to get everything ready. We went to Olive Garden for the last lunch together and then headed to transfers. Elder Smith and his trainee got doubled-out of Morristown because now the Assistants are in the Morristown ward with us. Sister Galuvao got transferred to Jersey City-English (so now there's a chance I might serve there and be able to go find Annie's in laws :D) There were more changes but it's exciting. We're going to be getting in 22 new missionaries next transfer and the one after that 27. They're going to be opening up new areas and theres a HUGE possibility I'll be training next transfer, which I'm so excited for! The work is progressing and things are getting crazy! But cool. We had a great week of teaching. We have been helping a less active come back to church and she's one of the COOLEST people I know. She's so smart and so funny. Yet again, one person I can't wait to let you meet.

You know it's such a cool thing being a missionary....We were going to pick up some pizza and I decided to follow the rules and use the crosswalk and I ran into this sweet woman, Marie. I started talking to her and getting to know her. I didn't have my backpack with a Book of Mormon but I had a pass-along card. I asked her if she believed in God, and she said "I love Jesus!" I failed to get her number and address from her (I'm still learning here) but I gave her the pass-along card and told her the Book of Mormon will change her life and if she calls that number she can recieve a free copy. She looked so happy after I told her that. We prayed with her and it made her day. Just talking to everyone we can change their lives. They see the happiness we have with the gospel in our lives and they notice it. I hope we can all strive to be more happy as we go throughout our crazy hectic days.

Sunday's is probably one of my favorite days. The spirit I feel in the church everytime I go is just incredible and such a re-booster every week! It was actually my first fast and tesimony meeting in the Morristown ward, (I got there in Oct. the day after fast Sunday, hurricane hit in Nov, Sis. Mo was sick in Dec.) So I was really excited to hear the testimonies of the members here. And it was awesome! A whole primary class got up and bore their testimonies and so many others. I didn't get up this time but I will next time. I just wanted to see all the members. I'm grateful for the testimony I have of the restored church. I know it is the true church. I'm gratefurl for my Savior, for atoning for the mistakes I've made. I'm grateful and love reading from the Book of Mormon every single morning. It is the word of God and we can all come closer to Christ by reading the words from the pages. I know Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God, and he recieves divine revelation from our Heavenly Father to help us in our trials. I love all of you so much! I can't wait to get back so I can work on my personal relationships with all of you! Your support and your letters truly uplift me and I don't want to waste any time here. Because it is the Lord's time. Not mine. I need to find all the people that Heavenly Father has prepared for me. And I know I can do that. Through sincere prayer and fasting. I love this gospel so much! As I'm reading the Book of Mormon again, I came across the scripture that I sent back a few months ago. Mosiah 18:21 "And he commanded them that there should be no contenton one with another, but that they should look forward with one eye, having one faith and one baptism, having their hearts knit together in unity and in love one towards another." I love that verse so much. I hope we can all strive to have our hearts knit together in unity and love for everyone. I also came across this scripture while I was reading today that I absolutely love. Alma 5:44-46. This is what I'm called to do. What an incredible calling we have as members of the church!

Thanks for all the support, all the prayers and letters! I love every week, being able to get your letters and see you are all doing great! Love you all and am always praying for you!!

Love,

Sister C. Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment