Sunday, January 27, 2013

My my my.....what a crazy week it has been! There has been so much stuff that has gone on, I hope I can get it all in this email. Before I go on. I'm so excited for Amy and Camille and everyone who has gotten their mission call. I pray for them every night. It truly is so remarkable the call to serve from everyone!  I hope the temple was an incredible experience for you Kimber. I'm so happy for you.
 
 Please let me know the status on Grandpa. I've been thinking about him lately. I hope he's going to be okay. I'll definately be praying for him. P-day was kinda nice yesterday, I woke up and wrote letters and did journals all day. (We ran out of money so we went to the Gurney's for laundry) I wrote quite a few letters to people that have written me. I do want to say I did get Grandma Taylor's package, you can tell her that, but I did put it in her letter I wrote to her.
 
Oh right! Before I forget too. I finally recieved the calendar!!! Thank you so much for sending that! I've been showing it off to the people here. I'm glad you put my sleeping picture in there like five times! Sheesh! I did send back those cd's and the usb drive and it's kind of small but just upload everything that's on there to my computer and then send it back to me. That'd be so fantastic!
 
Alright, now to last week! Boy was it a crazy fantastic one! So Monday I mentioned that we were going up to the Goodwill to do a little skirt shopping. I didn't plan on buying anything but I ended up getting 4 skirts for 13.00. And honestly you can't complain about that...and they're pretty cute! So I'm pretty much set for my mission I hope. :/ We went and visited Cynthia on Monday night and the spirit was definitely making us go there at the right timing. We had ordered pizza for Cynthia and had to wait quite a while before it was ready. But we got there in the perfect time. She had just finished working and was so exhausted and then we knocked on the door with pizza. She was so grateful for us and I'm so grateful for that experience! I love how the spirit works sometimes!
Tuesday was district meeting and let me just say I love me some District Meeeting. The spirit is always SO strong there and we definitely are able to recieve revelation. I love it so much. Then we went and visited a less active and her mom (non-member) and it was weird because both Sister Morrison and her mom said they've seen each other before but have never met...so it was crazy cool! We got to know them and then shared a spiritual thought. We had dinner that night with the Hunters and we had taco salad....reminded me like home! Yummy!
Wednesday we had to get the car fixed, get an oil exchange and what not so we were studying in the STS. Gotta love the life of a missionary. Then we went to go see Bonny. Mom, don't get mad, but I haven't been weearing my coat as much as I should but I am now, but Bonny calls me "coatless", she seriously is one of the most funny people I've meant! I love that lady to death! Other people (mothers) have been asking me where my coat is and so I've been wearing it when I should....(I guess it's the motherly instinct). The coolest thing though on Wednesday was going over to the Oates home and doing spiritual yoga with Sister Oates and Cynthia. Boy was that relaxing! And it was just what Cynthia needed. It was legit yoga too. Saying all the "ohhmmmmmssss" and such. I love it! Cynthia was so much more relaxed after that and I loved it! Then we went and visited Cary and had a great lesson with her. We soft invited her to baptism and she kinda re-directed it but that's okay. Just a little bit more time with her. She needs to come to church. Pray for her to come. :)
Thursday was another incredible day! We went and visited a referral from a member and let me just say...she's going to get baptized too! We taught her the restoration and she loved it. I guess the member was talking about baptism after the lesson and she was wondering exactly what it was and all that jazz. So we're going to commit her to baptism probably tomorrow! :) The work is definitely progressing here in Morristown. We went and visited a former investigator as well and have a return appointment with him, so another new investigator. We headed over to Cynthia's and waited for her to get home and when she got home you could tell she was so much more happy. We had a relief society dinner on that night and she came. On the way over Sister Morrison was talking to her and Cynthia said she told her mom she was going to get baptized and her mom wants to be there for her! That was the first news we heard about that! So we were stoked. Then at the dinner she was telling everyone she was going to get baptized. So when the timing is right we're going to recommit her to baptism! Woo! During the dinner I was sitting at a table with a lot of the younger ladies in the ward and they were all talking, but the one sitting next to me said "So Sister Taylor, where are you from?" I replied "Kaysville" she said oh that's cool I'm from farmington. I told her she looked familiar to me (Because she really did) and she said she had a younger sister so I asked her name....and come to find out it was Sarah Page's older sister. Sarah was a way good friend of mine in Jr. High and then she went to Viewmont. But it was SOOO cool to make that connection. Just like you were saying mom, it is a small world. Especially in the Mormon culture! Haha. I love it though. We had good tortilla soup at the dinner and had a fun time getting to know the Sisters in the ward better.
Friday, was another incredible day! Zone conference all day! That's where I finally got my package. I don't know why it took so long to get here but it finally did! And I was so happy. I also recieved a little card from Sister Thompson. It was good to hear from her. But zone conference. Incredible! The spirit is always to strong at those. President and Sister Jeppson spoke and our montly focus is on love. And I love the montly focus. God and Jesus love us so much, why shouldn't we love our selves and others? I love President and Sister Jeppson so much. They truly are so inspired and know exactly what to say. Then we had Elder Ream and Tippetts give us a training on How to Begin Teaching and then we role played. It was an incredible zone conference, we had a little bit of time to bear testimonies and it was such a great testimony meeting with the missionaries that bore their testimony. The power we have is so strong!
Saturday was great as well. We went over to a less-active families home and ate dinner and made a little chain for the girls and everytime all of the family is there at church they get to take one off.
You better belive that motivated them because all of them, including the dad was there at church. It filled my heart with joy seeing all of them there. And right as they got home they pulled off one of the links to the chain. They are such a cute family. I found out right before sacrament meeting started that the gospel principles teacher wasn't fully prepared to teach (he was just called to be the new teacher)so I quickly put some thoughts together for gospel principles. (We found out eariler in the week that we might've had to teach but on Saturday we were told he'd be prepared) I felt I did a pretty good job for thinking of my ideas right before sacrament started. And it was just me, Sister Morrison didn't help. I was pretty proud of myself to be able to talk and teach a class. I know that's what missionaries do, they teach people, but it was incredible to see how quickly I could pulled ideas together and make a lesson out of it and it actually makes sense. I'm very grateful for those opportunities. :)
 
Another cool thing, one of the kids in the Morristown ward got his mission call to the France Paris mission and I belive that's the same one as Sarah Jackson. What day is she going into the MTC? April? He's going in May but I'm sure they'll run into eachother out in Paris. Again, small world.
 
The rest of Sunday was great. We went to Darsi's parents house and ate some really good food then we went to a 1st birthday party for a less active members little boy. It was so cute with him and the cake. I wonder how Grant's going to react to cake? I miss that boy. And Tacy? And everyone for that matter. But then we went to see Bonny real quick and then went to a members home for dinner and had lasagna. It was really good. We went up to Cynthia's house because she wasn't at church and she promised she'd be there. When we got there, there was rap music blasting and both S. Mo and I were kinda shocked. We knocked on the door anyway and she came to the door. She let us in and we talked to her for a little. Yesterday we went and visited her again and she said that she doesn't want to have Caitlyn grow up with those morals like her family. Cynthia has the light of Christ back in her life and we couldn't be happier. She's going to be baptized. We also had dinner at a members home last night and we're helping her teach the relief society lesson on Sunday because it's Elder Nelson's talk, "Ask the Missionaries", so that's what she did. Personally, I don't think there's anyone better she could of asked but that's just me :) haha. I love all the ward members in this ward. I'm definitely coming back and visiting them when I'm off my mission.
 
Today we had another great District meeting and felt the spirit so strongly. Sister Morrison has still been sick so I've been doing a lot of personal study. It's nice because I can study for myself and for my investigators. I love this work that I do. I love being a missionary for my Savior Jesus Christ. I know the Church is true! Today I read about the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's and I love that story so much. To be able to put down their weapons of war and NEVER take them up again is a testimony builder to me. I love you all so much! Thanks for all your prayers and support! You are all so great and such big examples to me!
 
Peace and blessings.
 
Love,
Sister Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment