Monday, April 8, 2013

Easter

Well I'd first like to start off and tell everyone I hope they had a Happy Easter! I sure did! Sister Ward's mom sent me a package to hide treats for her and she's a little bugged she still can't find one of them. I guess I get the hiding technique from dad. I thought I did a pretty good job of hiding them! I'll talk a little bit more about Easter a little bit down the email.

First off, woo hoo! Mom, I really liked what you put in your email about me being positive and if not turning it into something positive. Because that's what Elder Benson (my district leader) told me yesterday, is that I've been way positive up here and it's true. I haven't really been down up here because I know that I'm here to strengthen the people up here. And that makes me happy. I want to thank you for the sweet pillowcases from you mom. I wondered what it was because the mailman stuffed it in the mailbox but when I opened it I was so happy. And I love those little cards from the lady at the bank. It's great! So thank you. I also want to thank you for the egg bubblegum I remember ALWAYS getting that from the Easter bunny. I love the egg gum.

Oh yeah. And if you could mom or dad. I'd like you to try and tell all the missionaries going out really soon, good luck from me! They have answered the call to serve and it's incredible. So tell them all good luck and they'll be amazing from me please. Thanks!

Back to this weeks adventures. No scary moments which is great but defiintely some spiritual ones. On Monday we went down to Caldwell to have a little surprise for Sister Ward because her birthday was Tuesday. We went and played volleyball at the church and it was a great p-day. We went and taught our recent converts, Eli and Emanuel about the gospel of Jesus Christ and wen through scriptures about the doctrine. It was really good. Those guys are so awesome!

Tuesday was Sister Ward's birthday and it was so hard trying to be sneaky and getting things for her because I'm with her 24/7. But I made it work. I got her a few gifts and put them out Monday night so she'd she them Tuesday morning. I secretly made her a t-shirt and some other things. It was pretty cool. We had district meeting and it was great. We talked about faith. I can see my faith continuing to grow every single day. And that's incredible. I've grown so much since being out here it's insane! We had a dinner at a ward members house the Inserra's and it was such a great dinner and conversation. She's orginally from Italy and made us some way good pasta. She got flowers for Sister Ward for her birthday that were gorgeous! We shared a message with them and went on our merry way.

Wednesday we went out and tried to find ward members all day. Sister Ward and I made a goal to talk to everyone and came in contact with a man that was very humble. He works a lot and we told him we'd come visit him at work and he said "you serious!?" and we told him yes. We haven't been able to go yet but we definitely will. :) We visited our neighbor Anne and she still is saying "stop trying to save my soul." We'll get to her someday. She tthinks I have a magic touch because I fixed her vaccuum and phone. So hopefully we can use that to our advantage. It was so funny. She told us she couldn't call anyone but people could call her so I asked her if I could see it and sure enough got it working. she came over to me and hugged me and said "you're the best" it was so cute. I love little Anne. :) We went to a Relief Society activity on Wednesday night where they made wreath's with fake flowers and the bishop's wife paid for one for us so we went and made them. They turned out pretty cute. I'll send a picture of it. I think you'll like the picture haha.

Thursday was a great day with lessons with active members with strong testimonies. But sometimes we need those just to continue to strengthen them. We had our last singing practice before the talent show and then taught Carmen (who lives there) she's so strong and has such a strong testimony. I'm grateful for the strong ward members we have in this ward. Next we went to Ricardo's house and he's a legit guy. He learned english from an englishman and an austrailian so he has this sweet accent and is very eloquent I should say in his speaking. We talked about enduring to the end because he just recently returned to church and it was one of the most spiritual lessons I've been in. I'm so grateful for the spirit in teaching. It truly is so powerful. Then we went to Sister Jarrett, a Jamaican member and she's got such a strong testimony on the sacrament. I've truly seen the importance of the sacrament out here and know I didn't take it so seriously when I was back home. But the sacrament is so powerful and can truly help us in our daily lives. We returned home and had quite a funny experience at a stop light but it's kinda long to write out so if you really want to hear I'll personally email you hahaha. It was hilarious!

Friday was a great day. We had a sister that is looking to go on a mission in a few years with us all day to experience what it's like being a missionary. We went to a lot of ward members and met a really nice Jewish man named Jeffrey. He gave us Matzo's and some fruit slices. He is a great man. He likes to talk as well. He told us he'd take us out for pizza. Can't complain about that. PS. I don't think I'll ever be able to eat pizza back there. I've been converted to the pizza out here and it's just to good.....We went to a members house right on the Hudson river and he's an artist and so legit! I loved his apartment and then view from it. Like you said mom, I can't wait to bring you back out here and show you all the things I'm experiencing out here. It's incredible! I love it!

Saturday was a crazy day for Sister Ward and I. We had correlation with Elder Kay (new ward mission leader) and that went for quite some time then onto the talent show for the elderly. Man that was a blast! I recorded the whole thing so I'm going to be filling up this usb drive quickly and sending it back to you. I loved doing that with them. It really was so much fun. And I think they liked our song. It was just fun to be with all of them and they appreciated it. :) Next we went right to the church because the young women were putting on an easter egg hunt for the primary kids and we were helping. We went and blew up ballooons and got everything ready. The young women leader couldn't come so we had to wing all the activites and everything but it turned out to be a blast. We had the kids pop the balloons with their bums and that was so fun to watch. Then they went out and found all the eggs. It was fun to be able to interact with the kids. I love this ward. After we went home and then went back and was able to watch the Young Womens broadcast and it was so good. I can't wait for this upcoming week to watch general conference. What a privilage that is.

Sunday of course was Easter and it was a eventful spiritual day! We went early so Sister Ward could play the piano because we thought she was going to have to play for sacrament but it ended up she didn't. We did practice with the choir though and sang I stand all Amazed and That Easter Morn. It was really good. It was a womens choir because no men wanted to sing but it sounded good. We had a less active part member family there and it was so good to see them there. There were also a lot of people we hadn't met or haven't come for a while so it was really fun to see so many people there. The chapel was full. It was so great and the spirit of the meeting was aamazing. We taught primary the last hour and there are some craazy kids! But it was fun and eventful. We went back and did studies. I popped open my cadbury eggs and really couldn't put them down. They are just too good. Thanks mom for those! We went to the Michel's for Easter Dinner and it was so good. The food was delicious! Wooof. I got so full but it was great. We talked about the Atonement and Resurrection and had a really good spiritual lesson. We read from Jesus the Christ and True to the Faith. Those are amazing books! We had 9 missionaries there at that dinner and it is such a privilage to be serving with so many valiant members of this church.

This week I've been reading in Alma. Boy do I love Alma. The faith that Alma, Ammon, Aaron and all the missionaries are just such a strength to me as a missionary. I love reading through all the stories of them converting the Kings. I love the fact that the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's would lay down all their weapons of war and never take them up again. I've been thinking, what "weapons" do I have in my life that I can bury, that can stand as a witness to God that I'll serve him and stand up for Him no matter what. I want you all to think of that and think of what things you can "bury" whether it be gossip or a habit and truly thinking about how we can all serve God better. I'm so grateful for the scriptures. For the truth it is in my life. It has made me such a better person and I loook forward to reading it every day because I know it'll bring me closer to Christ. I'm so excited for this upcoming week and general conference. I can't wait to hear the words of the Prophets. I'm grateful for Easter and then atonement and the ability I have to return and live with my Heavenly Father again. I love you all so much! Hope you all have such a great week! Always praying for you!

Love,
Sister Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment