Sunday, August 18, 2013

Liberty Island

Why hello!? It is a good cloudy day over her' in New Jersey but so beautiful. The weather hasn't been way to hot these past couple of weeks. I thought I was really going to struggle but nope it's been so good! The week was a good one. Little slower than usual but still was able to help people come closer to Christ. I think myself especially. I'll tell you all about it.
We got to go to dinner at Chili's with a less active woman that is just beginning to come back again. She bought us dinner and it was very nice. :) We then went to another members home and had to eat again. Lets just say....I made it look like we hadn't just eaten. I tried to hurry and get it all down so I didn't ralph. It was funny. Sister Maclay couldn't really eat much more so I helped her out. :) That's what companions are for. 
Tuesday we had zone meeting. It was fabulous! I love our zone leaders. They are inspired. Our focus is the Book of Mormon and commitments. I'm very excited about this. I'm just about to finish the Book of Mormon for another time. I'm in Mormon. I love reading the Book of Mormon. It has such great power in it and when we read it every single day it's a protection. I know that's true! We were supposed to have a baptismal interview for our investigator but some things happened and we didn't end up having it. We slightly dropped him so we'll see if he comes around sometime. We went and assisted at the bishops storehouse and helped serve and stock the selves. I love doing that kind of stuff. It's great! Wednesday we went out and thought to go to Hana's house (the little girl I gave the bracelet to) and talked with her mom and she's our newest investigator! We gave her a Book of Mormon and she said she was going to read the intro! We're going to see her Wednesday to teach her! More than a little seed mom, potentially a new member soon! I love it! :) 
Thursday we had the opportunity to go to Liberty Island yet again to serve! i'm so glad we get to go! I was able to go with my companion and Sister Morrison and her companion. it was so much fun to do that. The Statue of Liberty! Ahhhhh. It was an eventful day! We met some more of the members on Friday and one of the cute families, the Denninghoff's. They have three little girls and a little boy and boy are they adorable! It took them a few minutes to get warmed up but they are so excited to have sisters! We had some great lessons. Sunday was awesome! We were able to go to church and partake of the sacrament. I bore my testimony in church and it was so nice to be able to formally share it with the ward. It was incredible to bear it and KNOW the things which i was saying were too. I'm so grateful for my testimony. It's grown so much since I've been out here. I know the Church is true. I know God lives. I know My Savior died for me and went through the atonement for me. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon and restored the gospel onto the Earth. I know this is the ONLY way back to our Heavenly Father. By living the gospel...having faith in our Savior, repenting, being baptized, recieving the gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End. When we do those things we will gain eternal life. 2 Nephi 31:21 
We are excited for this upcoming week. Last night we got a great referral and was able to set one of our investigators with a baptismal date on September 8th! I love missionary work! It's so great. I'll send you pictures from this past week! Hope you all have a great week! I love you all so much! Tell Melissa and Barry congratulations and i'm so proud and happy for them! Did Tacy like her presents? haha Love you all!

Love,
Sister Taylor


No comments:

Post a Comment