Monday, March 25, 2013

Elder Christofferson visits


Well what a stinkin great week it has been in the NJMM! For real though. An exchange, an all mission conference with ELDER D TODD CHRISTOFFERSON! Stake conference with him as well and great teaching experiences! I love being a missionary!
First off, on Monday we headed down to Mo-town and played some basketball with the Elders. There's a Sister here, Sister Nelson that played in high school so we played with them for probably 5 games until my team lost! But it was a lot of fun playing with the elders. I made some lucky shots that I think impressed some of the Elders. Haha but that's all I'm going to say about that. Oh yes. And I did recieve the package and I want to thank for you the salsa and also for the treats! I can't wait to color eggs. And the cadbury eggs. I had a feeling there was going to be some in there so I didn't bother buying my own! So thank you mom! But anyway we had a great week! I love how God knows who we are. He knows what we need every single day of our lives.
Tuesday we had our district meeting and it was fabulous. We were suprised when President and Sister Jeppson walked in but it's always such a treat to see them. We had an exchange with Fardale after district meeting and so I went to Fardale with Sister Nelson and Sister Ward stayed up here and manned the area! And she definitely did a great job! I love Sister Ward so much! We really have so much fun together! We're constantly laughing and I love that she's from Kaysville too! We're definitely going to be way good friends after the mission! Woo! But the exchange was so great! Sister Nelson and I went and visited a less active lady and the spirit we felt with her was so great! She started to cry and I've never had that happen before yet on my mission. I love the spirit that I felt. We invited her to the Stake Conference with Elder Christofferson and I don't know if she was there but she has such a strong desire to get back to church. Definintely knew I needed to meet her for some reason. Then we went and met an investigator Mary Ann and she's awesome! She came to the stake conference. After we went to the Relief Society President's house for dinner and she is such an incredible lady. She's way awesome. Then we went to teach a Recent Convert and taught him about the priesthood. Every single person I met I was strengthened by them. I'm so grateful for the people put into my life. The next day we went and visited another girl, Sophie, that went to audition at Ballet West in Utah. She's a recent convert and just ingulfed the gospel. I loved meeting with her. Sister Nelson is incredible too. We're like the same! Both basketball players and just have a lot in common! I love all the new sisters coming out and we get to go to the fear buster today again to welcome in the new missionaries. 5 Fear Busters in 5 transfers! Woo hoo! We're getting 12 sisters I believe today. Sister Ward and I are staying the same. We're not moving and I'm so happy. I seriously love Sister Ward. She's HILARIOUS!

I'm so happy to hear about Grant's birthday. He sounds like such a stud. And so funny. I can't wait to see all of you on Mother's day. It's going to be fantastic! Wednesday we had to drive down to Morristown to get a TIWI :( Luckily, I mean, it was too bad it didn't end up working. :) We have to get it fixed sometime. We've been driving down to Morristown a lot. That pretty much took up the rest of our Wednesday.

Thursday we did our Weekly Planning and cleaned our apartment. It's always nice to have a good clean apartment. We got a new senior couple, I don't know if I told you, The Kays from Bountiful and they are so great. We got to attend one of our investigators play she was in and so Thursday night we went with some of our ward members to go to the play. They took us out to Chinese food and then payed for our tickets for the play. The play was The WIZ and it was awesome! It was really well done, the people all had good voices. I bought a shirt for a souvenior and I'll probably send it back...Tivynna (our investigator) did so good! She didn't play a huge part but she did say something. Her face was awesome when she saw we were there to support her. We're really excited to continue to work with her. Oh and PS we already have plans for Easter. The Michel's (who took us to the play) invited us over for Easter Dinner. I'm so excited! They're great!

Friday was a good day. We got to teach quite a few people. Well more than usual. Teaching last week was slow. But we're trying. I definitely know that there's so much more we could be doing. I've been lazy a little bit and talked with Sister Ward and we're changing and going to work so much harder. But we went and taught one of our new invesitgators, Oliguina, and she's sweet. She talked most of the time but we'll get to her, hopefully. We went and practiced our song for the Talent Show and it's going to be on March 30. It's going to be so great. We have had a name of a former investigator who we've been trying to catch and Friday we finally got a hold of her. We went to her house and started talking to her. Her son came to "interrogate" us but it was just for jokes. She had just recently got into a car accident. We were talking to her as if we've been friends for quite some time. We went over and it was the house that the boys were playing basketball out in the front yard and I asked if I could shoot it. It was her kids. I challenged the one to a one-on-one and said if I win he has to start reading the Book of Mormon. I won. And so hopefully he really does start to read it. It was pretty funny. We kept insisting on helping her clean up her house and since she had just gotten into a car accident her back really wasn't good. So we helped her fold laundry dust and do the dishes. She was so grateful for us. She answered the phone and told whoever she was on the phone with that "God sent me three angels (we had a team up) to help me clean". It was so great hearing that she appreciated our help. It was fantastic getting to know her and hopefully we can really help her come closer to God.

Saturday was a pretty incredible day. We met Elder D Todd Christofferson. I shook his hand. The things he had to say were so amazing. It really helped me focus and re focus my efforts on this work. His testimony on the Savior was so simple but so profound and sincere. I loved being able to be in the room of an Apostle of the Lord. That doesn't happen everyday. But we got to hear him yesterday as well. I took some great notes that I'll share with you when I get back. Haha I'm truly blessed by being out here on my mission.

Sunday like I said we had a Stake Conference with Elder Christofferson and it was so great! He told the men. "We need to step it up." I loved that. But I don't think just the men. All of us....need to step it up. Sunday night we had a great lesson with a less active and committed him to read and pray again. It was cool to see the spirit work in him and he said "I'm going to try." I loved it and hopefully he can really see how much God loves him and help him come back to church.

As I was reading in my scriptures this past week it was been so great. I just finished 2 Nephi but this weekend I was reading all the Isaiah Chapters and those are hard for me. But I noticed that it had a particular phrase four different times in a matter of a few short verses. And it was "his hand is stretched out still." I absolutely love that. No matter what mistakes we make in life, no matter if we slack off a little bit, no matter what, God's hand is stretched out still. He cares about us and loves us so much. Individually. And I'm so grateful for my Heavenly Father's love for me. I know he loves me. I know Christ died for me. I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life. I love it so much.

I'm grateful for all of your examples to me. I truly look up to each and every one of you. Thanks for the continued support and love. I really couldn't do it with out you all! This upcoming week, we're going back to Mike and Carol's house and I can't wait to see them again. God puts people in our path. I know that! I love you all and hope you all have such a great week!

Love,
Sister C. Taylor :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment