Monday, September 17, 2012

Just a few last words before I leave...

I just wanted to write a few words before I head down to the MTC. These last few weeks have been absolutely incredible. The spirit I have felt has been amazing. Last week I gave my farewell talk in my home ward and the amount of support I had there was so wonderful. I will post a couple pictures from the farewell. I talked on Faith and it went so well. Sister Harvey was my co-speaker and I was so thrilled when I found that out. She did an amazing job as well. It was good to see some people I hadn't seen in a long time.

I got to go to dinner with some friends this past week and I'm so grateful for them in my life. The friends and family I have are amazing and I love them so much. 

It has slowly been hitting me that I will be leaving so soon but I'm so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve the Lord for 18 months. I know it will be challenging and hard at times but there will be plenty of happiness and joy. The people's whose lives I will change will remain with me forever. I can't wait to find those searching for the gospel and my companion and I are the answers to their prayers. What an amazing opportunity it is. I know I will grow so much from this experience and I can't wait for that.

I just want to tell my friends and family how much I love and appreciate their support. It's going to be hard leaving you guys but it's what I need to do in my life. Little Grant and Tacy will surely be missed. They'll be so grown up when I return. 

I know this Church is true. I'm so grateful for the Holy Ghost and his comfort he's given me in some of the tougher moments. I know that if we sincerely pray, the Lord will answer our prayers. I'm grateful for this opportunity I have and know it'll change my families, my life, and those I will convert to this gospel. I know President Monson is a prophet of God and he leads guides this Church in this day. I love all of you and the support you have given me. 






         

--God Be With You Til We Meet Again--

1 comment: