Thursday, October 11, 2012

A few thoughts before leaving the MTC

We heard from Sister Taylor before she boarded her flight to New Jersey.  She called from the airport.  I was expecting the call but didn't know what time she would call.  The phone rang at about 8am and I was kind of trying to sleep in....so I denied the call, then I immediatley realized the caller ID said "pay phone" and tried to call back that number immediatley.  While I was trying to call back, my cell phone rang, and I got to speak to Christine.  She sounded so good and so excited to get to New Jersey. 

In a letter she sent just before leaving the MTC, here are some of her thoughts....
The Spirit is incredible, something I've never felt, but love.  Conference was amazing! The past week has been so great.  My testimony has grown so much and the spirit is so strong.  I can't wait to let the people of New Jersey know of the gospel and let them feel the happiness I feel.  I know God lives.  And loves all of us.  I know Christ died fo me and for all of us and we can return and live with Him again if we repent and be obedeint.  I know the prophet Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His Son and he did translate the Book of Mormon for us today.  It is the word of God.  And if we read it we can become closer to Chrsit.  I have loved this experience and can't wait to teach the peeps of NJ.

Sister Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment