Sunday, September 29, 2013

A good week.

This week has had some ups and some downs but all in all it has been a good week. P-day was a nice relaxing one, I was able to write back a few people and also draw. Yes, it was another Justin Bieber. Don't judge. Monday night was really cool, we had been going and trying to find people and home and no luck. So I took a few minutes to think about where we should go and a name of a less active popped into my head. As we drove to her house and parked it was dark. I felt a little sketched out but proceeded to her house. There were a couple of ladies outside talking to each other and we stopped and talked to them and then went to the ladies house. As we got there we introduced herself. We had tried her house previously and no luck but she was sitting outside on her steps. We talked to her and she's such a sweet individual. She began to tell us that she went to go get some iced tea and felt like she wanted to sit outside that night because she hadn't in a while, as soon as she sat down and got comfortable she looked over and saw us walking up to her and thought "are those the Missionaries?" And it sure was. We committed her to come to church and she said she's wanted to but with her four boys, two are handicapped, and she's a single mom, it gets tough. She didn't make it to church but we're hoping to begin working with her. She walked us to her car because she told us that she lives in a Krip area. That's why I felt a little sketch. But we're safe, no worries. It was cool to be able to take a second and think and let the spirit work in me to tell us where we need to go. God prepares his children and sometimes we have to stop and think about where to go to best help his children that day.
On Sunday, we had an interesting call from a lady saying "I want to be baptized into the church" We love those calls! :) We set up a time to meet her and she's a wonderful lady. She wants to be baptized but her mom wouldn't be too happy if she changed religions and she said she has to wait for her mom to die to be baptized....uh. That surprised me haha. She loves relief society and should be coming to church this week. :) Wednesday Smac and I weren't too smart. We went out to lunch a few hours before we were going to eat at a members house and teach a lesson. We got to his house and he had cooked a FULL chicken for us, rice, cabbage, and a two teared chocolate cake. WOOF! Needless to say, I'm just grateful he wasn't in the room while we were eating so we could eat as slow as we wanted. I threw some out :/ We had a great lesson on the plan of salvation afterwards. We met a couple of other people, a young women, Jazmin Tepoz which was great and another man just walked with him as he was taking his laundry to the Laundromat.
We had a couple of crazy thunderstorms this past week.
I went on an exchange with Sister Schultz this weekend which was great. We went to a young women's breakfast and the picnic bench broke on us. It was quite funny. But we went around and shared our testimony with each other and it was so cool to see how the gospel has blessed their life, not living in Utah. It's been pretty remarkable to me to see that in the youth out here. I love it! We committed a 7 year old girl, her dads a member, to baptism on the 29th. Pretty excited about that.
Sunday was good. We had a great week teaching Mark and preparing him for his baptism. He's ready. He's feeling the spirit and has a testimony. Unfortunately he didn't want to come to church yesterday. Just wasn't feeling up for it. It kinda scared me but I know that God is watching over him. Satan is going to be working on him so many prayers this week to get him to his baptism!
I can't believe I'm hitting my year mark this week. Time has flown by and I know it'll continue to fly by.
This week during one of our comp studies I said "The Church is true." I stopped for a minute and said "woah, that's really nice to be able to say". I know this is Christ's church. I know God lives and loves each one of us. I know the Book of Mormon will comfort us in our toughest times. I know prayer is real and he is listening to us everyday.
I hope all of you have a great week! I love you all.
 
Sister Tay Tay


No comments:

Post a Comment