Sunday, September 8, 2013

Missions are the greatest things ever!!!!!

Man alive! Missions are the greatest things ever! I love them so much! This week was so amazing. Sister Maclay and I are going to town with work and it's so great! We were able to teach many people and find even more new investigators this week which is so exciting. I can't believe that August is already over and now it's September! In a few weeks it'll be a YEAR since being out here. Crazy crazy crazy. Like I said we had a good week of teaching. Our investigator Mark is so amazing. The most prepared person I've met by far out here. We kept in contact with him during the week and he's been keeping his commitments and doing everything he should. He was able to come to church on Sunday as well, first investigator at church since being here! And he loved it! The ward was so welcoming and he loved priesthood, the Elders Quorum President asked who wanted to take the "Strengthening the family through the Priesthood" DVD home and Mark raised his hand and wanted it. It's just so incredible to see how willing a person is to change because it's the right thing. We're meeting with him tonight and are so excited to solidify September 22 for him to be baptized!

Tuesday we had a rough day, we were trying people all day and finding no success, and of course the last one we try we were finally able to teach her and make her a new investigator. It was a testimony builder to me to never give up. No matter how hard and down in the dumps you are, never give up because God will bless you with an opportunity. I was able to write that experience in my journal and I'm so grateful for those experiences I've had so I can go back and look at them later down the road.

I had a feeling we needed to go to a certain area on Wednesday and I know why. The first house we went to, it was a former, she was walking in the house right as we got there (it was POURING rain) so she let us right in. She's 23 and been busy but has a strong desire to learn more and be baptized. We were able to teach her and her sister and set up another time so they could get priesthood blessings because of their infirmities. I just feel like everyone I'm meeting here is for a reason and God has placed them in my path for a reason. It's just so COOL how God works. We went and found another former investigator who wanted us to come back and then headed to the Servils to have dinner and a lesson. I love the SERVILS! They are one of the coolest families I met. We were able to have a nice dinner and talk about the plan of salvation. We got talkin about it and didn't finish so we have to finish part 2 next time. But they are just so much fun to be around.

Thursday we took one of the Servils, Rashada, out with us and BOY did she do awesome. We had a way good lesson with one of the young women who isn't baptized yet and I was prompted to talk about testimony. And it was exactly what she needed. We didn't know how we were going to tie in baptism but the Holy Spirit guided that lesson. Somehow baptism was brought up and Rashada asked her why she wasn't baptized. She said she didn't know so we had her pick her own date because she is ready. So she'll be baptized on September 15th! I'm so excited for her. She's a sweet young lady. \

Friday was an amazing lesson with Mark. We taught the plan of salvation and committed him to baptism. He is so great and wants to change so much. We found him a ride to church like I said and he loved all three hours! I could go on about him but I'll just say he's prepared and so happy and it's just incredible! We went and did some service for one of the members and then had to get home to transfer plan. I had a weird impression I was leaving but I'm staying here for another 6 weeks at least and I couldn't be happier! I love this area. There's so much work to be done.

Saturday was another great day. We taught 6 lessons and found some great potential investigators. But Saturday night was really cool. We were checking up on some members and they weren't home so we began walking to our car. All of a sudden a man in his car pulled over and asked if we knew where the '10' was so he could get back home to Maryland. I said "you're probably asking the wrong person because I'm from Utah but I have my gps I can grab". And of course, in my missionary mind, this is going to be a great opportunity to share the gospel. :) I pulled the gps out and he told me his address and I wrote down the instructions for him. He had just come from a funeral and so I thought "hmmm the plan of salvation will be good for him" He asked why I was out here from Utah and I told him I was serving a mission from my church and he said that was great. He asked "So what is the main difference from the Mormons and the mainline Christianity?" I pulled out the Book of Mormon and said "This book." We gave it to him and he was so curious about it. We had a good conversation with him about the gospel and committed him to read it and pray about it. We gave him a plan of salvation pamphlet and got his information so the missionaries in Maryland can go and visit him. He's going to be baptized some day. :) He said if I was ever down there in Maryland to go and visit him. He was a sweet guy from Ghana. I hope he arrived home safely. I got about 20 mosquito bites from standing outside talking to him but it was fun to be able to help him and share with him the gospel.

Sunday was great, church was awesome! It was fast and testimony meeting and so it was really good to have Mark there listening to the ward members bear their testimonies. He said he enjoyed it. President and Sister Jeppson were there for sacrament that was a treat.  We had two dinners, which made me sick :/ The night ended a little early because I felt I had to ralph...t.m.i? Sorry.

Yesterday was great. We played ultimate Frisbee in the rain for 3 hours. Sad to say I'm sore as all get out today and it hurts to laugh but I loved it. And also happy to say I still have both my wrists in working order! No broken bones yesterday but some pretty funny hits with the Frisbee and what not!

Well this is getting long. I hope all of you have a great week this week. Always looks for those opportunities to serve. It makes you happy. I know the church is true. I know God lives and loves and knows each one of us personally! I love you all!

 

Love,

Sister Tay Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment